Join a powerful community of founders and be a part of the Silicon Valley Learning Program!
The Women Entrepreneur Quest (WEQ) 2017 is a flagship contest of Anita Borg Institute (ABI) India for women entrepreneurs, who are founders of startups in the technology sector. WEQ is a comprehensive platform that provides networking, mentoring and learning opportunities to grow one’s business.
Please go through all information on WEQ 2017 before applying.
WEQ 2017 Awards
– Top 10 winners of WEQ 2017 will receive an all-expenses-paid experiential learning visit to Silicon Valley, US. The visit is for five working days and will take place in 2018 (dates to be announced). During the trip the WEQ 2017 Top 10 will get access to:
- Quality Networks: Visits and meetings with key stakeholders in the Silicon Valley ecosystem such as leading technology companies, startups, investors, officials, incubators, accelerators, universities and so on.
- Expert Guidance: Sessions and workshops on important business functions and aspects from industry veterans, mentors, entrepreneurs and experienced professionals.
- Great Inspiration: Close interactions and networking with role models in Silicon Valley. This is also a great opportunity for the WEQ 2017 Top 10 to showcase their dynamic startups in Silicon Valley.
– The 25 finalists of WEQ 2017 will receive a free day-pass for attending the Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHCI) 2017 conference on 17 November, 2017 in Bangalore. GHCI is the largest technical conference for women in India and is a great opportunity to learn and network with some of the best minds in the industry.
|Eligibility Criteria||Steps for WEQ 2017 Selection Process||Contest Rules|
– The applications for Stage 1 of WEQ 2017 will close on September 3, 2017.
– The applications for Stage 2 of WEQ 2017 will open on September 6, 2017. Applicants will receive an email by September 6, 2017 on the status of their application in Stage 1.
WEQ 2017 is sponsored by the Anita Borg Institute India (ABI India) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) plays an integral role in supporting and organizing WEQ 2017. ABI India, DST and IUSSTF have been in a joint partnership and successfully organizing the WEQ contest since 2014. WEQ is a part of ABI’s Women Entrepreneurs in Motion (WEM) Program.
Sijo Kuruvilla George, is the consultant for WEQ 2017. He is the Founding CEO of Startup Village and is passionate about technology and entrepreneurship. He mentors students, young professionals, entrepreneurs and startups on various aspects related to business and productivity. Sijo has been instrumental in conceptualizing and effectively leading several public and private initiatives for the entrepreneur community in India.