We are delighted to announce the Women Entrepreneur Quest (WEQ) 2015 Top 6. WEQ is the popular business plan contest for women-led startups in technology across India.
The WEQ 2015 Top 6 are:
- Arpita Gopal, Founder and Director – Juno Software Systems
- Madhu Jalan, CEO – Topycs
- Sonali Tripathy, Chief Business Officer – Women’s Health – Embryyo Technologies
- Suman Kapur, Founder, Promoter and Scientific Advisor xBITS – Xcellence in Bio Innovations and Technologies (xBITS)
- Vibha Tripathi, Managing Director, Swajal Water Pvt Ltd
- Vidhya Sundaram, Head of Engineering, Channelyst Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
The Anita Borg Institute India (ABI India), the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are the partners for WEQ 2015.
WEQ 2015 Awards
- The WEQ Top 6 women entrepreneurs will receive an Experiential Learning Visit Award to the Silicon Valley, US. The visit will be fully sponsored by the NSTEDB of the DST, Government of India and ABI India and organized by IUSSTF and ABI India. The purpose of this visit is to get exposed to the entrepreneurial culture in the Silicon Valley. During the last Visitation Program in April 2015 the participants met top executives from leading technology organizations, they connected with trade associations and were mentored by venture capitalists and other women entrepreneurs from the Valley on how to grow their business and raise capital.
- A grand cash prize of Rs, 5,00,000 for one of the WEQ Top 6, who will be selected during the Showcase & Award Presentation to be held during Grace Hopper Celebration India 2015 conference on December 4, 2015.
WEQ 2015 Special Awards for the Top 6
- NSRCEL will do a 3 hour session on (i) Developing a lean strategy for startups and (ii) Fine tuning your business model. The session will be conducted at NSRCEL and will also be available to the Top 6 through an online tool. The Top 6 will also get access to direct entry into NSRCEL’s incubation and mentoring programs.
- The Ladies Finger will be conducting a 2 hour webinar on social media marketing for the WEQ Top 6. The Top 6 will also receive specific advice on a social media campaign for their business.
- The Startup Centre will provide up to 3 hours of mentoring on product or business plans, funding or any other business function the venture would like to focus on.
- VentureBean will offer 3 hours of free consulting to evaluate:
- Is your business ready for VC/angel investment? If not how do you prepare for funding and value creation to increase your probability of success?
- If you choose not to go for external funding, how do you plan your financial strategy and business model without funding?
For all details of the contest and selection process click here.