The Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHCI) 2015 is for women technologists and is created by them. Every year we look for volunteers among women professionals and students in technology, to be Committee Members. In this role you will get the opportunity to work with the GHCI Committee Chairs on strategizing, planning, reviewing and end-to-end implementation of the Program Content for the conference coming up this year. Each Committee Member is assigned to a GHCI Track of their interest.
Through the year leading up to the conference, we organize Planning Committee Meetings in different cities. This is an opportunity to learn more about GHCI and how you could get involved as a Committee Member. So come join us at any of the upcoming Planning Committee Meetings:
- March 20, 2015 – Hyderabad (Registration closed)
- March 27, 2015 – Bangalore. (Registration closed)
- April 17, 2015 – Pune. (Registration closed)
- April 24, 2015 – Chennai. (Registration closed)
During the meeting we will discuss:
- The theme, tracks and sessions of the conference
- Signing up process; roles and responsibilities of Committee Members
- Take-aways from the conference, for the participants and organizations
Committee Member’s Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Committee Chairs in strategizing, planning, reviewing and end-to-end implementation of the Track assigned, in adherence to the process and timelines
- Consistently attend and participate in Committee Member meetings (usually conducted as telecons)
- Work as a team in meeting all objectives within the timelines
- Ensure flawless organization and execution of all sessions during the GHCI conference
- Time commitment: While we start the initial work from May 2015, the key months for planning and execution are from July 1 – December 4, 2015
We invite all women in technology (professionals and students) that are enthusiastic to be an integral part of GHCI 2015. It does not matter where you are located in India, just as long as you have a passion to join this vibrant community of tech women.
How do I become a Committee Member?
Send us your details by filling this form.
- In the form you can indicate the Track/s you would like to join
- The closing date for receiving your details is May 5, 2015
- The GHCI 2015 Advisory Committee will review all applications and finalize the committees.
- You will receive an email during May 2015, confirming your participation as a Committee Member; the track you are assigned to and next steps.
- For any queries please write to us at ABI-India@anitaborg.org.
Possible tracks for GHCI 2015:
- Technical (4 different tracks)
- Poster Session
- Soft skills
- Back to Work
- Student Scholarships and Early Career
- Women Entrepreneurship Quest